1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Netgear R9000 (X10) LED bugs - NETGEAR Guy please read

Discussion in 'NETGEAR AC Wireless' started by psychopomp1, Jan 14, 2018.

1. psychopomp1

psychopomp1 Regular Contributor

If ‘NETGEAR Guy’ is reading this, I hope you can get the NG firmware developers to sort these bugs out on your flagship router as the Netgear staff/mods are blatantly ignoring these on the official NG forums.

From stock firmware 1.0.2.40 onwards, the LEDs on the router don’t behave the way they’re supposed to in the cases below – doing factory resets and re-flashing firmware makes no difference at all so its clearly firmware bugs:

1) When switching off the 60ghz (802.11ad) radio , its LED goes off and then comes on again a few mins later – despite 60ghz radio still being off. It should stay off permanently once the radio is disabled…period.

2) When changing the LED state from flashing to solid, the LEDs do indeed stop flashing and stay lit solidly. But what happens after a while (could be hours/days/weeks), any one of the 2.4ghz and 5ghz radio LED goes off – despite the radio in question still working.

Others are also reporting these bugs, so its not just me. I’m also getting these bugs on a brand new X10.

Just to re-iterate, the above bugs were NOT occurring in firmware 1.0.2.32 or earlier so I’m sure the NG developers can easily fix these.

Cheers

psycho

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. NETGEAR Guy

NETGEAR Guy Senior Member

Hi...have read and sent your post to engineering.

Will keep you updated...

Thanks

psychopomp1 likes this.
  4. psychopomp1

psychopomp1 Regular Contributor

Many thanks, appreciate your swift response. In case your firmware development team wants users to test out a beta build with the LED bugs removed, I'd be more than happy to. Just PM me :)

5. NETGEAR Guy

NETGEAR Guy Senior Member

Have replicated the issue and will let you know when beta code is received.

psychopomp1 likes this.
Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!