1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

AiProtection Two-Way IPS threat

Discussion in 'ASUS AC / AX Routers & Adapters' started by MidKnight, Jan 13, 2018.

1. MidKnight

MidKnight Occasional Visitor

I've run virus scan on the computer with no issues found, obviously the 192.168.2.1 is my asus ac88u.

Anyone got any ideas whats going on here?[​IMG]

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. Vexira

Vexira Very Senior Member

I got alot of those threat warnings my self, never one of the device infected, which firwm version are you running? Also the signature version.

4. MidKnight

I'm running on merlin's 382.2 beta2

Signature version: 2.050

5. Vexira

I've got alot of external attacks logged, but by any chance do you have any usb devices connected to the router such as hard disk drives?

6. MidKnight

I do have a flash drive plugged in the back for saving the stat's to it, yeah..

7. MidKnight

Which that just made me think...

The other day I was playing around with setting up the usb sync option to sync a smb share with that 192.168.2.7 pc, I didn't have much luck with it, but those are the ip's for the sync.

But I did turn the sync option off after I was playing around with it though.

The couple of sync folders I made on the sync usb, I couldn't even delete with the option to remove them through the Web design interface.

8. Vexira

Odd permission issues?

9. MidKnight

Yeah idk. Think it's a bit buggy actually, at times I saw it uploading files to it, then it would delete them, so idk what's going on there.

10. Vexira

The file is tripping it out. Cause it to read as malware I've had something similar with a download.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!