Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

aiprotect & two-way IPS

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Routy, Apr 17, 2018 at 1:15 AM.

1. Routy

Routy New Around Here

I activated AiProtection for the first time a few days ago, and right away I noticed that I've been getting a lot of hits under "Two-way IPS". The hits basically all come from the same address. It's very unnerving, and being a router newbie I don't know what else I can do (eg I notice that under "firewall" I can block certain URL, but I don't know if that's what I should be doing here, and if so, how). Your helps and suggestions are most appreciative.

Attached Files:

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. AndreiV

AndreiV Senior Member

You don't need to do anything , anything listed by AiProtection has been stopped before it got to your firewall , it has done its job.

4. aavvaallooss

aavvaallooss New Around Here

What was the weather like in Massachusetts? Are you happy with Comcast? :rolleyes:

5. Stevemcclure

Stevemcclure Regular Contributor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aavvaallooss likes this.
  6. Stevemcclure

Stevemcclure Regular Contributor

But on a more serious note, that ip 46.101.47.221 is constantly hitting my AI protection here in the UK. What gives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. AndreiV

AndreiV Senior Member

It's a bot by the look of things .

https://www.abuseipdb.com/check/46.101.47.221

I have 73 hits from that IP.

Point is AI Protection stopped it reaching your firewall. My neighbour has an AC5300 and doesn't use AI , that IP bounces off his router firewall , if your firmware is up to date there isn't a problem.

8. DonnyJohnny

DonnyJohnny Senior Member

If u installed Skynet, you will realised there are lots of noise knocking at your router.
    Currently I have massive port scanning on my isp range...
    Like 2100 scan per hour.
    [​IMG]

aavvaallooss likes this.
  9. AndreiV

AndreiV Senior Member

I don't need a 3rd party app to be able to see that , the router log shows the same thing.

Port scanning goes on all year and always has.

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!